Tuesday 27 September 2011

Retro Games

My love for video games began on the SNES, with Illusion of Time. I loved the graphics, the colours, and the beautiful way that the story was written. You know it's a good story when it involves a little pink pig coming to rescue you from a dungeon your father (who is sort of also a flute [which is also your first weapon]) built before being bullied into saving the princess and setting off on a crazy quest in this alternate universe where a bunch of the wonders of our world exist on the same continent. How can you not fall madly in love with that? ^_^ 

Anyway, seeing as this blog is partly based around the things I personally like, I definitely thought I needed to have a geeky video game post. However, this proved a little more difficult than I had anticipated. Typing in a combination of games, video games, retro games, etc, usually landed me no more than about three pages. Very cool pages, with some very cool stuff, but very little there. Seems like folksy is still quite heavily considered a bit of an up-market handcrafted place, but I think there's a definite gap in the market for nerdily nostalgic jewellery and gifts.


~♥~ RETRO GAMES ~♥~



1                                                       2



3                                                       4


5                                                      6


~♥~ RETRO GAMES ~♥~ 


1) 1UP Keyring by CraftyHands -£1.00 - Ends on 26-Jan-2012 14:33 

2) Pac Man Stud Earrings by KawaiiCandyCouture Jewellery - £5.00 - Ends on 12-Oct-2011 14:17

3) Retro Rubiks Cube Necklace by Bunny's Beads -£5.50 - Ends on 25-Dec-2011 09:12 

4) Heart Container Necklace by OMEGAZOID - £7.50 - Ends on 28-Sep-2011 14:05 

5) Space Invaders Door Name Print by Clarkie Designs - £10.00 - Ends on 29-Dec-2011 19:54 

6) Pacman Set by Booties By Dannie - £19.00 - Ends on 21-Dec-2011 07:34 


~♥~ RETRO GAMES ~♥~


Notes: These are in order of price only. Please bear in mind that I can't vouch for any of these sellers (these are not things I've bought, but things I want) but I'm sure they are lovely honest people. ^_^ All prices, dates, names, etc, are correct at the time of publishing.

1 comment:

  1. A great selection ! I love Dannie's Pacman set. Many thanks for putting my space invaders door name print in,
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete