Friday, 7 October 2011
I find the amethyst stone to be really beautiful, both in its rough and polished forms. While I don't personally believe in any of the mystical properties of gemstones, I do find the mythology and beliefs surrounding them to be fascinating. One of the first birthday presents I got that I seriously loved, was a long strand of chunky amethyst chips given to me by my Grandma. When it eventually snapped, many years later, I re-worked the beads into a sturdy choker, one of the first pieces of jewellery I ever made.
There are some absolutely beautiful pieces here. Perfect for someone who loves fine jewellery or gemstones, any of these pieces would make an excellent birthday present. (And unfortunately, it's not too early to be thinking about Xmas too!) Though the first piece is amethyst-coloured quartz, the rest are described as amethyst itself. It is included because I wanted a variety of gifts, and not just jewellery.
~♥~ AMETHYST ~♥~
3) Amethyst and Aventurine Autumn Necklace by Creative Treasures - £12.00 - Ends on 04-Mar-2012 08:01
4) Amethyst Wedding Cluster Hair Comb by Tanmade Bridal & Special Occassion Jewellery and Accessories - £18.99 - Ends on 15-Oct-2011 09:20
7) Amethyst and Swarovski Crystal Wire Wrapped Bracelet by Jenny's Bead Box - £20.00 - Ends on 14-Feb-2012 18:54
8) Blessed Damozel ~ amethyst & poetry recycled vintage bracelet by Naturally Heartfelt - £26.00 - Ends on 25-Mar-2012 17:44
9) Handmade - Amethyst Druzy in Sterling Silver - Ceres by GlitterRT - £30.00 - Ends on 26-Dec-2011 15:22
11) Silver etched flower stickpin with amethyst by Lauren Hutchinson Contemporary Jewellery Design - £37.00 - Ends on 13-Jan-2012 11:38
12) Amethyst Sterling Silver Swirl Leaf Frame Pendant by KSJewelleryDesigns - £42.00 - Ends on 31-Dec-2011 13:06
13) Sterling Silver Ring with Amethyst Cabochon by Abyjem handcrafted jewellery - made in Cumbria - £48.00 - Ends on 17-Nov-2011 19:31
~♥~ AMETHYST ~♥~
Notes: These are in order of price only. Please bear in mind that I can't vouch for any of these sellers (these are not things I've bought, but things I want) but I'm sure they are lovely honest people. ^_^ All prices, dates, names, etc, are correct at the time of publishing.