Friday 21 October 2011

Vampires

Let's face it, vampires have been nearly ruined in the last few years. Sparkle, they should not. But there are a great deal of grumpy musings out there ranting on the subject, and I am (for once) not going to start another Twilight vs Every Other Kind Of Vampire debate. I'm a big fan of the old campy vampire movies, as well as more modern stories like Let The Right One In. DO NOT SEE THE RE-MAKE. Seriously. The original is amazing, and although OMG SUBTITLES, as long as you can read, it's still considerably better in every way. I also have a special place in my heart for Mona the Vampire, though I'm really not a fan of teen lovestruck my-vampirism-is-a-metaphor-for-my-awakening-sexuality nonsense. And one of my absolute favourite tv shows is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as I mentioned in the Zombies post. If you haven't given it the time of day because of the stupid name and the things you've heard, I heartily recommend ignoring yourself and giving it a good go.

You might have noticed that there are several plushies and sock toys. ^_^ From spending so much time on folksy, I'm definitely starting to fall in love with all these hand-crafted toys. Plus, I think vampires are a great subject for plushes, with their nommy little teeth and beady eyes, and the range of them here just shows how many ways there are to interpret the vampire look.

 ~♥~ VAMPIRES ~♥~ 


         

1                                                    2

         

3                                                    4

         

 5                                                   6

         

 7                                                    8


~♥~ VAMPIRES ~♥~


1) Sock Vampire Bat by welsheggdesigns - £4.00 - Ends on 11-Apr-2012 13:03 

2) 'Dracula' Felted Halloween Door Hanger by FeltFace - £8.50 - Ends on 09-Mar-2012 16:08 

3) "Fang" by Gosh Darn It! - £13.00 - Ends on 31-Mar-2012 21:50 

4) Vampire Coven 3x Vampires by Lauras Love - £13.00 - Ends on 14-Jan-2012 23:15 

6) What Would Buffy Do? Cross stitch by Picky Miss - £22.00 - Ends on 10-Dec-2011 11:29 

7) "Love Bites" Charm Bracelet by Putting on the Charms - £25.00 - Ends on 06-Mar-2012 10:48 

8) Vampire Donut by SukiSuki - £32.50 - Ends on 11-Feb-2012 00:34



~♥~ VAMPIRES ~♥~

Notes: These are in order of price only. Please bear in mind that I can't vouch for any of these sellers (these are not things I've bought, but things I want) but I'm sure they are lovely honest people. ^_^ All prices, dates, names, etc, are correct at the time of publishing.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog Rebecka,
    Thank you so much for including my bracelet in your your beautiful blog.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog!! All the wee vampy accessories look fantastic :)

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete